Isaksen Solar Blog
Buying Solar Panels in Acushnet, Massachusetts? Should You Make The Switch
Acushnet homeowners will be the first to tell you that the Southeastern Massachusetts town is a great place to live. The town also happens to be a community that values affordable and clean energy. Due to the town setting the goal to reduce electricity costs and cut its reliance on fossil fuels, there has never been a better time for buying solar panels in Acushnet. Over the past year Acushnet and the entire state of Massachusetts has seen historic increases in the price of electricity. With these increases homeowners across the town have been looking for alternative options for powering their homes and getting a solar quote. As electricity prices continue to increase the popularity of solar panels in Massachusetts has also increased.
With the changes in the energy industry, Acushnet has become a leading town in the state when it comes to switching to green energy for financial savings as well as reducing its carbon footprint. The town has been a Green Community since 2013 by meeting the standards of the Green Communities Designation and Grant Program’s Criteria. This designation shows the town’s commitment to reducing energy costs, improving the town’s environment, and introducing energy efficient projects to Acushnet via renewable energy. With this status the town has completed numerous community solar project that are saving thousands of dollars for residents every year while also signing off on new solar projects for the future.
If you are a Acushnet resident and are curious about the benefits purchasing solar panels can have for your home, here are a few:
Benefits Of Buying Solar Panels As An Acushnet Resident
- The town hall and necessary departments move quickly with solar companies in Acushnet so our customers can expect to have a shorter timeline to get approvals and permits.
- To install solar panels there is a process that takes time and during this installation process we ask for your patience as our team handles the required paperwork and approvals. Most solar companies in Massachusetts should handle this process for you so make sure to ask them how much of the process they will be covering as a solar provider. Overall, living in a town that understands the benefits of solar power for the community means installed solar panels on your roof and you see the savings sooner than later.
- In Acushnet, Eversource is the electricity provider. Being an Eversource customer has a vital Massachusetts solar incentives through the Solar Massachusetts Renewable Target Program (SMART) program for both residential and commercial customers.
- The SMART program is a solar incentive based program that was started to encourage purchasing solar panels in Massachusetts. This program benefits Acushnet homeowners by sending a payment to Eversource customers every month depending on how much energy they produce. Depending on how they qualify for the program homeowners will receive payments every month for 10 or 20 years. This program is exclusive to Massachusetts solar panels customers.
If you are curious if solar is a good fit for your home give us a call, or get started on your free solar quote!
Should I Get Solar Panels?: A Quick Guide To Buying Solar Panels For Your Home
Benefits of Purchasing Solar Panels
- Monthly Savings On Your Electricity Bills
- The biggest motivator for homeowners to switch to solar is seeing an immediate savings in their next monthly electricity bill once they are installed. Across the country electricity prices continue to rise at historic rates. This is why solar in Massachusetts has become so popular. As of Feburary 2022, Massachusetts has the 4th highest electricity rates in the country. Rhode Island solar panels are also popular as they have the 5th highest electricity rates. Homeowners looking for ways to save money have found solar panels are an efficient solution that creates long-term savings. Instead of paying the local electricity company for your energy supply you are supplying your own energy from your roof or ground mount solar panels. Your solar panel installation will create enough energy to cover your monthly electricity usage so you no longer need to pay your energy provider for their energy. This means the constantly increasing electricity bill you have will now be delivered with ‘No Payment Due’ and in some cases adding credits to your account for overproduction!
- Lifetime Of Financial and Environmental Savings
- With solar panels those monthly savings turn into lifetime savings and a meaningful contribution to helping the environment. By creating your own energy through purchasing solar panels, you avoid paying rising electricity rates that change with the price of natural gas. In most cases, you pay a locked-in rate or loan fee for the lifetime of your solar panels. In 2022, the average price of electricity rose 7.5% from 2021, which meant more expensive electricity bills. With solar in Massachusetts, everytime the price increase that is additional savings for your household since your price stays the same. Once your solar panels are paid off, your electricity is completely free. Over the 25 year lifetime of solar panels that could equal $60,000 in savings. The additional benefit to buying solar panels is the reduction of CO2 emissions since you no longer rely on natural gas. One solar panel can offset have the same CO2 offset as planting 10 mature trees. For the average home that produces 7,000 Watts of solar power, this is the same as planting 180 trees a year. For this reason solar panels is the most significant way to decrease your carbon footprint without disrupting your current way of life.
- Option To Lease Solar Panels or Purchase Solar Panels
- How much money you will save on your solar panels depends on your choice to lease or buy solar panels. If you lease your solar panels then you will not have any upfront cost. Instead of paying a large sum upfront, you get panels on your roof and a locked in monthly payment. This monthly payment will be less than your current electricity bill. However, leasing solar panels can open the door for increased payments in the future if your lease agreement forces you to pay for increases in electiricty rates as the price of energy increases.
- When you purchase solar panels there is an upfront cost which is usually paid for with a loan or cash. However, the total cost of solar will be offset by solar incentives. There are both federal solar tax credits and Massachusetts solar incentives available. These programs will decrease the total cost of solar panels and increase your savings each month and over the lifetime of your solar panels. When leasing solar panels, homeowners do not qualify for these incentives or the ability to create credits which adds up to a lot of added money over the lifetime of your solar panel installation.
- How Much Do Solar Panels Cost?
- Every home solar panel installation is unique. There are a lot of factors that go into determining how much solar panels will cost you. The key factors are how much energy you use, how many panels your home can support, whether you lease vs buy solar panels and what solar incentives you qualify for. The only way to know the price you will pay to install solar panels will be to get a solar quote. At Isaksen Solar, we quote solar for your home at your consultation free of charge.
- Truth About Solar Panels
- We understand buying solar panels can be a major decision for homeowners. That is why the most important part of installing solar panels should be to find the best solar companies in MA and RI. A search of “solar companies near me” is a good starting point. The goal for every homeowner should be to find a solar company they trust. Whether its MA solar or RI solar panels, where to buy solar panels is an important question to answer. At Isaksen Solar, we aim to make the home solar panels process as simple as possible and answer all your questions.