Isaksen Solar Blog
Buying Solar Panels In Fairhaven. What Are The Benefits?
Right now Fairhaven residents are reaping the benefits of buying solar panels for their homes. As a town, Fairhaven continues to make the switch to solar energy and homeowners are seeing the savings while cutting down their carbon footprint as they switch to solar panels in Massachusetts.
Fairhaven’s adoption of solar panels is shown by the town’s investment in solar systems to power LeRoy L. Wood Elementary and East Fairhaven Elementary schools. By installing solar panels these elementary schools will have up to 80 to 90% of their total energy costs covered by renewable energy. These solar panel installations will save between $800,000 to $900,000 over the 20-year solar lease.
Homeowners in Fairhaven are also seeing the benefits of residential solar panels. Home solar panels are allowing them to take control of their electricity bill each month and saving them thousands of dollars each year. MA solar panels make sense across the state as it has some of the highest electricity prices in the country. Homeowners are especially seeing the benefits this winter as across the state there have been historic increases in electricity rates.
If you are interested in purchasing solar panels for your home here are some specific advantages that your fellow Fairhaven residents are taking advantage of:
Benefits Of Buying Solar Panels As A Fairhaven Resident
- The town hall and necessary departments move quickly with solar companies in Fairhaven so our customers can expect to have a shorter timeline to get approvals and permits.
- To install solar panels there is a process that takes time and during this we ask for your patience as our team handles the required paperwork and approvals. Living in a town that works quickly to complete this process means solar panels on your roof and savings in your pockets sooner than later.
- In Fairhaven, Eversource provides electric utility service to the town. To encourage buying solar panels they offer Massachusetts solar incentives through the Solar Massachusetts Renewable Target Program (SMART) program for residential and commercial customers.
- The SMART program is an solar incentive based program that was established to support the purchasing of solar panels in Massachusetts. This program benefits Fairhaven homeowners by sending a payment directly from Eversource, to the customer depending on how much energy they produce every month. Homeowners will receive their payment every month for 10 or 20 years. This program is exclusive to Massachusetts solar panels customers.
If you are curious if solar is a good fit for your home give us a call, or get started on your free solar quote!
Should I Get Solar Panels?: A Quick Guide To Buying Solar Panels For Your Home
Benefits of Purchasing Solar Panels
- Monthly Savings On Your Electricity Bills
- The biggest motivator for homeowners to switch to solar is seeing an immediate savings in their next monthly electricity bill once they are installed. Across the country electricity prices continue to rise at historic rates. This is why solar in Massachusetts has become so popular. As of Feburary 2022, Massachusetts has the 4th highest electricity rates in the country. Rhode Island solar panels are also popular as they have the 5th highest electricity rates. Homeowners looking for ways to save money have found solar panels are an efficient solution that creates long-term savings. Instead of paying the local electricity company for your energy supply you are supplying your own energy from your roof or ground mount solar panels. Your solar panel installation will create enough energy to cover your monthly electricity usage so you no longer need to pay your energy provider for their energy. This means the constantly increasing electricity bill you have will now be delivered with ‘No Payment Due’ and in some cases adding credits to your account for overproduction!
- Lifetime Of Financial and Environmental Savings
- With solar panels those monthly savings turn into lifetime savings and a meaningful contribution to helping the environment. By creating your own energy through purchasing solar panels, you avoid paying rising electricity rates that change with the price of natural gas. In most cases, you pay a locked-in rate or loan fee for the lifetime of your solar panels. In 2022, the average price of electricity rose 7.5% from 2021, which meant more expensive electricity bills. With solar in Massachusetts, everytime the price increase that is additional savings for your household since your price stays the same. Once your solar panels are paid off, your electricity is completely free. Over the 25 year lifetime of solar panels that could equal $60,000 in savings. The additional benefit to buying solar panels is the reduction of CO2 emissions since you no longer rely on natural gas. One solar panel can offset have the same CO2 offset as planting 10 mature trees. For the average home that produces 7,000 Watts of solar power, this is the same as planting 180 trees a year. For this reason solar panels is the most significant way to decrease your carbon footprint without disrupting your current way of life.
- Option To Lease Solar Panels or Purchase Solar Panels
- How much money you will save on your solar panels depends on your choice to lease or buy solar panels. If you lease your solar panels then you will not have any upfront cost. Instead of paying a large sum upfront, you get panels on your roof and a locked in monthly payment. This monthly payment will be less than your current electricity bill. However, leasing solar panels can open the door for increased payments in the future if your lease agreement forces you to pay for increases in electiricty rates as the price of energy increases.
- When you purchase solar panels there is an upfront cost which is usually paid for with a loan or cash. However, the total cost of solar will be offset by solar incentives. There are both federal solar tax credits and Massachusetts solar incentives available. These programs will decrease the total cost of solar panels and increase your savings each month and over the lifetime of your solar panels. When leasing solar panels, homeowners do not qualify for these incentives or the ability to create credits which adds up to a lot of added money over the lifetime of your solar panel installation.
- How Much Do Solar Panels Cost?
- Every home solar panel installation is unique. There are a lot of factors that go into determining how much solar panels will cost you. The key factors are how much energy you use, how many panels your home can support, whether you lease vs buy solar panels and what solar incentives you qualify for. The only way to know the price you will pay to install solar panels will be to get a solar quote. At Isaksen Solar, we quote solar for your home at your consultation free of charge.
- Truth About Solar Panels
- We understand buying solar panels can be a major decision for homeowners. That is why the most important part of installing solar panels should be to find the best solar companies in MA and RI. A search of “solar companies near me” is a good starting point. The goal for every homeowner should be to find a solar company they trust. Whether its MA solar or RI solar panels, where to buy solar panels is an important question to answer. At Isaksen Solar, we aim to make the home solar panels process as simple as possible and answer all your questions.
18 Pocasset Street
Fall River, MA 02721