Prepare for Your Solar Installation Day
Preparing For Your Solar Panel Installation Day
Congratulations, your project has been approved and your solar installation has been scheduled! Your home is one step closer to creating its own energy.
Before your install day, we want to make sure that you have all the necessary information to make your solar installation as smooth as possible. While we handle the entire install process there are a few details we would like for you to prep before our arrival.
See our checklist below!
Install Day Checklist:
Arrival & Outdoor Preparation:
- Your solar installers will arrive between 7:30am and 8:30am on your solar install day.
- If you have a larger installation, over 14 KW, you may have a midday installation that starts between 11:30am to 12:30pm.
- We require that someone over the age of 18 be home that day.
- Make sure that your driveway is clear.
- We usually come with 2 large trucks and trailers that our solar panel installers will be working out of for the day. We also do not want to block in any cars if someone in your household needs to leave.
Preparing Inside Of Your Home:
- Clear an open area to your electrical panel. Our electricians will be working there for multiple hours. Having a clear area makes for an efficient working space.
- If you have an attic or crawl space we will need access to it. Please clear the entry way to that space so our electrician can easily access the area.
- If you have any pets, please put them away as a safety precaution.
Solar Panel Installation Process
- Your home will lose power for about 30 mins once during your installation day. Please notify us ahead of time if that will be an issue.
- Our electrician on-site will give you notice before they cut the power
- The solar panel installation process is noisey. There will be multiple workers on your roof, and there will be expected banging and drilling throughout the day.
How Long Does It Take To Install Solar Panels?
- Installing solar panels usually takes us 1 full day to complete.
- Sometimes installations can take a day and half or 2 days depending on the size of your systems and added components like batteries. If your system is under 14 kW then it will be a 1 day installation.
- Once your installation is complete you will not be able to turn your system on immediately. It will take from 4-6 weeks until you will be able to turn your system on and generate power.
- In this 4-6 week timeline, your city or county will do its final inspection and your local utility company will install its net meter. Once that has been completed you will receive permission to operate (PTO) and your solar panel installation timeline has been completed.
- Don’t worry we handle all of the required paperwork for these steps.
Payment For Your Solar Panels
- If you are a privately paying customer, through cash or check, you will receive an emailed invoice on prior to your installation. We ask you to please make at least a 50% payment on your invoice prior to your installation
- The remaining balance will not be required until we completely finish your project and your solar panels are on and operating.