Isaksen Solar Blog
You have heard about the benefits of installing solar on your home and are ready to make the switch to producing your own energy. Next comes the most important step: finding a solar installer.There are countless ways for you to research solar companies that service your area. The question is how do you find the best solar installer for your home?
The likely first step when selecting a solar installer is to go to Google and type in “solar installers near me”. The next step is to prepare the questions you need to ask a solar installer. To help guide your research we put together a list of the essential questions that you should answer before committing to any solar company.
Does the solar installer handle the full installation process?
- Once you sign with a solar installer there is a process of approvals, paperwork, and permits that need to be processed before your panels can go on your roof. The solar company should handle this process but you want to make sure that they do to eliminate having to manage another home improvement project.
Will my solar installer work with me to customize my solar installation?
- Your solar installation will be a part of your home for the next 30 years and your solar installer should work with you to make sure the aesthetic and design complement your current layout. Whether it’s rooftop or ground mount, types of panels, or managing the appearance of wires on your roof, your solar company should be eager to work with you to accommodate your dream solar installation.
What is the process like to get repairs done?
- You should have a good understanding of how quick the turnaround time will be for repairs to your system. Will you need to go through a customer service line or have a project manager to talk to to get an immediate answer? Solar is an investment and your solar installer should understand this and be able to promise timely repairs to make sure you are producing energy every day there is sunlight.
Is the company aware of incentives that you qualify for?
- Whether you are in Massachusetts or Rhode Island there are different programs that you may qualify for that decrease the cost of your solar installation. Incentives also differ depending on your energy provider. These incentives can benefit you in the form of tax credits, rebates, or programs that offer a production-based payment.
What is the average cost of installing a solar system? Do they provide you with multiple financing options?
- The cost of your solar installation will vary on the size of your installation and your roof’s exposure to sunlight. Factored into the price of any solar installation are your energy savings and any incentives you receive. To paint the best picture of how much you will be paying it is always best to get a quote that is customized to your situation.
Do they provide you with multiple financing options?
- Your solar installer should work with you. The two main ways to pay for your solar installation are to buy or lease and your solar installer should walk you through how each option benefits you. For more info on buying vs leasing take a look at our blog post breaking them down.
If you are interested in learning more about Isaksen Solar and how we exceed customer expectations in all of the areas covered above give us a call or start your free home solar quote!
Should I Get Solar Panels?: A Quick Guide To Buying Solar Panels For Your Home
Benefits of Purchasing Solar Panels
- Monthly Savings On Your Electricity Bills
- The biggest motivator for homeowners to switch to solar is seeing an immediate savings in their next monthly electricity bill once they are installed. Across the country electricity prices continue to rise at historic rates. This is why solar in Massachusetts has become so popular. As of Feburary 2022, Massachusetts has the 4th highest electricity rates in the country. Rhode Island solar panels are also popular as they have the 5th highest electricity rates. Homeowners looking for ways to save money have found solar panels are an efficient solution that creates long-term savings. Instead of paying the local electricity company for your energy supply you are supplying your own energy from your roof or ground mount solar panels. Your solar panel installation will create enough energy to cover your monthly electricity usage so you no longer need to pay your energy provider for their energy. This means the constantly increasing electricity bill you have will now be delivered with ‘No Payment Due’ and in some cases adding credits to your account for overproduction!
- Lifetime Of Financial and Environmental Savings
- With solar panels those monthly savings turn into lifetime savings and a meaningful contribution to helping the environment. By creating your own energy through purchasing solar panels, you avoid paying rising electricity rates that change with the price of natural gas. In most cases, you pay a locked-in rate or loan fee for the lifetime of your solar panels. In 2022, the average price of electricity rose 7.5% from 2021, which meant more expensive electricity bills. With solar in Massachusetts, everytime the price increase that is additional savings for your household since your price stays the same. Once your solar panels are paid off, your electricity is completely free. Over the 25 year lifetime of solar panels that could equal $60,000 in savings. The additional benefit to buying solar panels is the reduction of CO2 emissions since you no longer rely on natural gas. One solar panel can offset have the same CO2 offset as planting 10 mature trees. For the average home that produces 7,000 Watts of solar power, this is the same as planting 180 trees a year. For this reason solar panels is the most significant way to decrease your carbon footprint without disrupting your current way of life.
- Option To Lease Solar Panels or Purchase Solar Panels
- How much money you will save on your solar panels depends on your choice to lease or buy solar panels. If you lease your solar panels then you will not have any upfront cost. Instead of paying a large sum upfront, you get panels on your roof and a locked in monthly payment. This monthly payment will be less than your current electricity bill. However, leasing solar panels can open the door for increased payments in the future if your lease agreement forces you to pay for increases in electiricty rates as the price of energy increases.
- When you purchase solar panels there is an upfront cost which is usually paid for with a loan or cash. However, the total cost of solar will be offset by solar incentives. There are both federal solar tax credits and Massachusetts solar incentives available. These programs will decrease the total cost of solar panels and increase your savings each month and over the lifetime of your solar panels. When leasing solar panels, homeowners do not qualify for these incentives or the ability to create credits which adds up to a lot of added money over the lifetime of your solar panel installation.
- How Much Do Solar Panels Cost?
- Every home solar panel installation is unique. There are a lot of factors that go into determining how much solar panels will cost you. The key factors are how much energy you use, how many panels your home can support, whether you lease vs buy solar panels and what solar incentives you qualify for. The only way to know the price you will pay to install solar panels will be to get a solar quote. At Isaksen Solar, we quote solar for your home at your consultation free of charge.
- Truth About Solar Panels
- We understand buying solar panels can be a major decision for homeowners. That is why the most important part of installing solar panels should be to find the best solar companies in MA and RI. A search of “solar companies near me” is a good starting point. The goal for every homeowner should be to find a solar company they trust. Whether its MA solar or RI solar panels, where to buy solar panels is an important question to answer. At Isaksen Solar, we aim to make the home solar panels process as simple as possible and answer all your questions.