Isaksen Solar Blog
Saving With The Middleborough Gas and Electric Solar Rebate Program
Middleborough homeowners are buying solar panels to save money and receiving discounts on their purchase from the Middleborough Gas and Electric solar rebate. Middleborough has been a member of the Municipal Light Plant Solar Rebate Program since 2019. The program was created to aid residential solar installation through a solar incentive. If you are a qualifying homeowner you can receive a rebate on your solar energy production.
The current MLP pays $0.60 per watt of new solar power. Middleborough solar customers can get paid for up to 25 kW of solar production and 50% of total solar installation costs. This solar rebate is capped at $15,000. This equals a $1,800 payment for a 3KW system. For a 8.5KW system, average size in the US, the solar incentive from the MLP Solar Rebate program would equal $5,100. Below is a chart of what a common solar incentive saving would look like in Middleborough.
The MLP solar rebate was created by the Department of Energy Resources (DOER), the Massachusetts Municipal Electric Cooperative (MMWEC) and Energy New England (ENE). The program’s goal is to increase the use of solar energy in MA. When applying for the program, your solar installer should handle the entire process and submit your MLP Solar Program application. The easiest way to learn more about the Middleboro Gas and Electric Solar Rebate is to speak with your local solar installer.
This winter homeowners are signing up for the solar rebate program to save money as utility companies introduced historic increases in electricity rates. The high electricity rate now an ideal time to take advantage of the program and lock in savings on your monthly electricity bill. Instead of having a surprise in your mailbox each month, live your life comfortably knowing what your next energy bill will be.
The town is always looking for opportunities to increase energy efficiency by adding more renewable energy in the town. This is an additional benefit of the town being a municipal that owns its electricity utilities.
In addition to the rebate, the town of Middleborough and its necessary departments work quickly with solar companies. The complete solar panels process can take a few months but Middleborough works efficiently through the approvals and permits. This understanding cuts down on total time, meaning clean energy for your home sooner.
The city even took the extra effort to list out all of the steps throughout the solar installation. However, no need to worry about managing the full project. The entire solar panel installation should be covered by your solar provider. The best solar companies in Massachusetts handle the process from start to finish, like we do at Isaksen Solar.
The Middleborough Gas and Electric rebate is not the only discount homeowners can receive on their solar panels. There is also a federal solar tax credit which gives a 30% tax credit on the total cost of solar panels. The federal tax rebate is a major reason for the increase in Southcoast solar.
Make sure your solar installation company shows you all of the available energy saving rebates and financing options. They will also cover whether it makes sense to buy vs lease solar. If you have questions about purchasing solar give us a call or get started on your free solar quote!
Should I Get Solar Panels?: A Quick Guide To Buying Solar Panels For Your Home
Benefits of Purchasing Solar Panels
- Monthly Savings On Your Electricity Bills
- The biggest motivator for homeowners to switch to solar is seeing an immediate savings in their next monthly electricity bill once they are installed. Across the country electricity prices continue to rise at historic rates. This is why solar in Massachusetts has become so popular. As of Feburary 2022, Massachusetts has the 4th highest electricity rates in the country. Rhode Island solar panels are also popular as they have the 5th highest electricity rates. Homeowners looking for ways to save money have found solar panels are an efficient solution that creates long-term savings. Instead of paying the local electricity company for your energy supply you are supplying your own energy from your roof or ground mount solar panels. Your solar panel installation will create enough energy to cover your monthly electricity usage so you no longer need to pay your energy provider for their energy. This means the constantly increasing electricity bill you have will now be delivered with ‘No Payment Due’ and in some cases adding credits to your account for overproduction!
- Lifetime Of Financial and Environmental Savings
- With solar panels those monthly savings turn into lifetime savings and a meaningful contribution to helping the environment. By creating your own energy through purchasing solar panels, you avoid paying rising electricity rates that change with the price of natural gas. In most cases, you pay a locked-in rate or loan fee for the lifetime of your solar panels. In 2022, the average price of electricity rose 7.5% from 2021, which meant more expensive electricity bills. With solar in Massachusetts, everytime the price increase that is additional savings for your household since your price stays the same. Once your solar panels are paid off, your electricity is completely free. Over the 25 year lifetime of solar panels that could equal $60,000 in savings. The additional benefit to buying solar panels is the reduction of CO2 emissions since you no longer rely on natural gas. One solar panel can offset have the same CO2 offset as planting 10 mature trees. For the average home that produces 7,000 Watts of solar power, this is the same as planting 180 trees a year. For this reason solar panels is the most significant way to decrease your carbon footprint without disrupting your current way of life.
- Option To Lease Solar Panels or Purchase Solar Panels
- How much money you will save on your solar panels depends on your choice to lease or buy solar panels. If you lease your solar panels then you will not have any upfront cost. Instead of paying a large sum upfront, you get panels on your roof and a locked in monthly payment. This monthly payment will be less than your current electricity bill. However, leasing solar panels can open the door for increased payments in the future if your lease agreement forces you to pay for increases in electiricty rates as the price of energy increases.
- When you purchase solar panels there is an upfront cost which is usually paid for with a loan or cash. However, the total cost of solar will be offset by solar incentives. There are both federal solar tax credits and Massachusetts solar incentives available. These programs will decrease the total cost of solar panels and increase your savings each month and over the lifetime of your solar panels. When leasing solar panels, homeowners do not qualify for these incentives or the ability to create credits which adds up to a lot of added money over the lifetime of your solar panel installation.
- How Much Do Solar Panels Cost?
- Every home solar panel installation is unique. There are a lot of factors that go into determining how much solar panels will cost you. The key factors are how much energy you use, how many panels your home can support, whether you lease vs buy solar panels and what solar incentives you qualify for. The only way to know the price you will pay to install solar panels will be to get a solar quote. At Isaksen Solar, we quote solar for your home at your consultation free of charge.
- Truth About Solar Panels
- We understand buying solar panels can be a major decision for homeowners. That is why the most important part of installing solar panels should be to find the best solar companies in MA and RI. A search of “solar companies near me” is a good starting point. The goal for every homeowner should be to find a solar company they trust. Whether its MA solar or RI solar panels, where to buy solar panels is an important question to answer. At Isaksen Solar, we aim to make the home solar panels process as simple as possible and answer all your questions.
18 Pocasset Street
Fall River, MA 02721