Isaksen Solar Blog
When making the decision to go solar everyone is looking for the best solar companies that service their area. One of the first questions asked is whether to go with one of the national solar companies or the local solar companies in your area.
We took a look at key deciding factors of both types of solar companies to see what their advantages are so you can see what makes the most sense for you!
First off is defining a local solar company and a national solar company. A local solar company services members a defined region with all of its employees being residents of that area. Their goal is to maximize the quality of service but they may have limited reach and resources when compared to larger national companies.
National solar companies on the other hand service across the United States with multiple offices and employees. The main goal of these solar companies is to increase sales revenue and market share within the industry by selling as much solar as possible.
The goals of these types of solar companies leads to distinct advantages which we broke into categories:
- Customer service
- Local solar companies are your neighbors. They are close in proximity to install and service your solar system and they have a local reputation to uphold. National solar companies likely rely on a national customer service system that requires you to send emails or call a national line with a directory. When contacting national solar companies it may take 24 hours to get in contact with someone and they may not be familar with your solar installation while a local company you can get in contact with someone immediately and have an answer to your problem well within 24 hours from the team that you worked with during your install.
- Customer experience
- When dealing with national solar companies their reps have likely all been trained to handle every situation with a similar scripted approach not matter the situation. You also may have to deal with different departments and multiple reps throughout the process. When working with local solar companies their focus is on creating the best and most custom experience for every customer. Ideally your solar company should give you a dedicated project manager to assist throughout the entire process and answer any questions you have.
- Quality of Work
- National solar companies have more projects so you would think that they have more experience to create more quality work. However, often they use subcontractors to complete their jobs if they do not have installers located in your area. The subcontractor does not have as the accountability to the national brand image and different subcontractors will lead to a fluctuation in the quality of work from job to job. Local solar companies focus in your area and have the same installation crews every job. The quality of their work is what sets them apart from competing busineses so guaranteeing every job exceeds your expectations is a priority.
- Local Knowledge
- Local solar companies have a local expertise, have developed local partnerships, know local building codes, and are up to date on local rebates and incentive programs. Local solar companies also know the areas architecture. This is priceless experience in minzimizing your headaches and shortening project time while working to build a custom experience
- Local Community Investment
- Local solar companies use revenue to benefit the local community, while national solar companies take their revenue to distribute to their corporation and shareholders. By investing in a local company you are investing in your community and its economy.
As a local solar company we hope that we made the choice very clear for you in choosing a type of solar company. If you are interested in learning more about Isaksen Solar and the advantages of going solar, give us a call or start your free home solar quote!