Isaksen Solar Blog
Making the switch to solar can seem overwhelming. but fear not! Here are the answers to 10 common questions we see from our customers.
- How do solar panels work?
- Put very simply, solar panels are made of solar cells that are able to absorb energy from the sun which creates electric charges that turn into electricity for your home. As long as your solar panels are in sunlight your home will be producing power.
- The industry standard is that solar panels work for 25 to 30 years after they have been installed. Over this lifespan, your solar panels will never stop completely working. They will experience a very slow decrease in efficiency over their lifetime with an average yearly decrease of efficiency of 0.3% to 0.8%. Your solar company should provide you with a warranty to cover your solar panels like Isaksen Solar’s 25 Year worry-free warranty on materials, performance, and labor.
- The best way to get an answer to this question is to reach out to a solar company for an evaluation. This should be free of cost. At Isaksen Solar, we are able to do this using satellite images and additional information from a homeowner to see if their home qualifies for rooftop or ground-mounted solar panels.
- The factors that go into the total number of solar panels you will need are your total energy requirement, the number of sunlight hours your panels will receive, and the size of your roof or ground mount area. At Isaksen Solar, we will also consider the max amount of panels your roof or area can fit to maximize your production and increase your savings.
- Since solar panels are powered by renewable energy they reduce your overall carbon footprint starting the day your solar panels are turned on. Every day after that you are combatting greenhouse gas emissions and reducing the usage of fossil fuels. Overall, solar panels reduce air pollution, water pollution, and mitigate climate change.
- If you are reading this, you have likely been the victim of spiking electric bills. By switching to solar panels, you are eliminating increasing energy rates from your life and reducing your monthly electricity bill. This is before considering any tax rebates and incentives you could receive from installing solar panels. Homeowners often see an increase in their property values as well when adding solar panels to their roofs.
- The average installation ranges from $20,000 to $30,000 but every installation is unique and this cost is usually offset by incetives, tax rebates and state programs that decrease your total out of pocket cost. Solar companies should work to find a solar panel array that fits your budget. The best way to know how much solar could be for you is to get a free quote!
- The answer is unique to every homeowner as both methods provide advantages. The company installing your solar panels should be able to guide you to the option that fits your plans. We took a deeper look at both options on our blog to give you a better understanding of each payment method.
- The industry average is 6-10 years. Which is a short amount of time compared to the lifetime of your solar panels. Your payback period will depend on the price of your solar panel system, incentives you receive, average electricity usage and the energy you gener
- The installation process of solar panels only takes 2 days. However, the full process from the day you sign to the activation day may take a few months as your solar company will need to get permits and approvals. The great part is that this is a hands-off process for you as the solar provider should handle everything from start to solar panels installed at your home.
If you are interested in learning more about Isaksen Solar and the advantages of going solar, give us a call or start your free home solar quote!